Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits

When thinking about securing a Medicare supplement plan, one must be aware that Medicare supplement Plan G is similar to Medicare supplement Plan F. These two plans seem to have the best coverage for a senior compared to the remaining Medigap Plans. There are Medicare supplements plans lettered from A-L for one to choose from. The difference between Medicare supplement Plan F and Plan G is Plan G will not cover the Medicare Part B deductible. This will be the responsibility of the recipient.

The deductible for Medicare Part B can change from year to year. You will have to pay for the entire deductible before Medicare will start to pay its share. After you’ve taken care of these out of pocket expenses, Medicare will pay 80% of the expenses and your Medicare supplement plan will pay the remaining 20% left of expenses that Medicare approves on the list of the Medicare schedule.

Medicare supplement plans help pay the extra expenses Medicare does not cover and is very beneficial to a senior. Some of the out of pocket expenses that Medicare does not cover will have these compensations.

 

 Medicare Part A deductible

Medicare Part A hospital stay after Medicare pays for 365 days

Medicare Part A hospice coinsurance or copayment

Medicare Part A deductible

Medicare Part B coinsurance of copayment

Medicare Part B deductible

Foreign health services up to 80%

First three pints of blood needed for a patient

Medicare supplement Plan G and Medicare Part B excess charges

It is important to realize that Medicare supplement Plan G covers Medicare Part B excess charges, which many of the other plans do not really incorporate. Medicare will pay certain amounts for a medical specialists and there is a schedule that is followed. It won’t matter what a specialist may charge for their services or medical supplies, Medicare will only pay their amount. This helps to keep a physician’s charges to stay within the limits that Medicare sets. Thus the remaining costs are the responsibly of the recipient and will be taken care of by their Medicare supplement plan.

What is important to note is that all the Medicare supplement plan are ruled by the government and they are all the same within the United States. The difference in premiums will depend on where you live and what insurance agency one chooses to go with. One should look at each plan carefully and then see what the premiums are that each insurance agency will charge and make the decision on which plan one wants accordingly.

 

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.